Friday, October 28, 2011

3 Tips for Sharing Your Positive Energy With Others

This week has been an extra special positive attitude week for me. Every where I went people were saying, "Paul you always have a positive attitude." So why has this come to be so obvious to those I meet. This past weekend I bumped into an old school friend I had not seen in possibly 20 years. He asked me how things were going. I told him that, "I am a very fortunate man and that good things always seem to come my way". He responded, "Paul I have known you for over 40 years and you have always had a positive attitude." So why do I have this attitude and why do I project this frame of mind? It starts with I truly believe I am fortunate.
I also believe that the last thing people want to hear is people whining about how life is just the pits. This is like traveling around without deodorant on. It smells. It repels people. Spreading doom and gloom is the worst possible way to bring attention to yourself. Misery loves company is just a bunch of bunk. Even your attempts at seeking pity will drive people away. Forget the cup is half full and the cup is half empty story. People want to deal with and hang out with positive minded winners. Keep in mind you can't fluff this. It has to come from your gut.
I feel these 3 tips will get you started toward sharing your positive energy with others.
  1. Speak to your victories and the success you are having. Feel good about telling people how much fun you are having growing your business or the success you are having at work. The key thing is not to make it sound like your bragging. A simple smile and saying " I love the way it is all coming together." Now that's quiet confidence.
  2. Be openly thankful of the opportunity you have to do what you are doing and the people you work with that make all this possible. I believe the collective carries so much more than it's all about me. Never under estimate the power of "we".
  3. Smile, smile, smile. Damn, I have goofy caps on my front teeth and I still love to smile. I have had these darn things for over 40 years and they are part of who I am. You have front teeth like those and your still smiling. Things must be really good. All kidding aside. I say this to make a point. Smiles are like laughter. They are infectious.
Make it a point of going to bed happy and content. Odds are you will wake up happy. Before you put your feet on the floor, tell yourself this is going to be an amazing day. Embrace the opportunities the day ahead will bring you. The world is a land of abundance and opportunity. A positive attitude is like a magnet. The energy it produces will bring good things toward you. I'm living proof.


No comments:

Post a Comment