Sunday, February 20, 2011

Proverb De Papa

Sailing has brought so many wonderful people into my life.   Now to set this up I met the author of this Proverb Brian on a sailing trip last spring from Boston to Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Brian and I share a mutual friend who I have the up most respect for.  Our mutual friend Bill is the type of friend who would drive 100 miles in a snow storm to help you out of what trouble you found yourself in.  Because Brian was a friend of Bill's there was a transferred credibility. Through the passage to Nova Scotia I got to know Brian as we shared the same watch shift. His knowledge of business, true interest in the well being of others was only eclipsed by his love of family.  
It was just this morning that I was trading emails with Brian and of course we were looking at boats. Through the process of the communication I mentioned my trip to cross the Atlantic Ocean this year.  I shot him the link to my article "Missed Goal Becomes An Amazing Adventure" I had written about the trip. Brian took that moment to read a couple other of my articles. Lucky for us that he sent along this proverb for me to read. Brian had sent this Proverb to his own grown children. I can attest that if you live life by this Proverb you will live a life filled with joy and sense of accomplishment.  


From my friend Brian to his children....


Critters
Here are some thoughts that helped me be positive and focused.
I had written them on a small piece of paper and placed  in my wallet.
papa.

1)Strive for Excellence not Perfection.........(perfection is not obtainable).

2)Do everything with Passion and Enthusiasm.....(if you don't then you are wasting your time)

3)Never allow a Bad Experience to Em-Bitter you.......(eat it up and drive on...looking in the rear view mirror is a waste of time.)

4)Be compassionate but never allow someone Else's  Misery invade you.

5)When you point a finger remember there are three coming back at you....(it is your fault, if you make a mistake, do not blame others......do your homework thoroughly before making any decisions, don't be pressured into making quick decisions.)

6) It is the Important People that are Important as they set the level of the bar.
However, it is the Unimportant People who are the Most Important people because they create the Culture and  Karma. 

7) Lastly ....When you Die make sure you Die with Laughter.....(be happy,happy)PaPa Proverbs


End Brian's Letter to his Children..


Wow Wow Wow.  If there was only these 7 lines to model your life the world would be a better place for all. Thank you Brian for letting me share your "Proverb De Papa".  If your wondering why the De instead of Of is used it is that Brian's Children were raised in French however all have a mastery of French and  English. 


To my joy these morsels of a living a better life keep coming my way. They help me stay on my course to live a life filled with meaning and purpose.  I am blessed to have friends old and new who hold them selves to such levels of humanity and sharing in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment