Saturday, August 20, 2011

Six Ways To Maintain A Positive Attitude When Your Emotions Are Low


Do you ever wonder how some people always seem to be happy? You ask yourself, how do they do it? What is it they have that I don't? I believe that some people are naturally happy people. This may come as a result of the environment they grew up in. I also believe that even in the best of families there are challenges for emotional support allowing us to be who we who we want to be. We all suffer mood swings. Moods that appear as a result of recent events both happy and sad. The moods we remember most are those that pull us down. We have a tendency to slip back into limiting beliefs about ourselves at times like this. We need to be cognitive about these negative emotions. Our friends and business associates sense and feel these negative feelings and they will have a tendency to pull back. You then are drawn even deeper into these negative emotions as a result. It can be a vicious circle.
How many times in your life have you heard a friend or business associate say, "I am on a roll right now" I expect you have said that numerous times yourself. Pretty accelerating feelings aren't they? So how can we stay pumped so we can lead a happy and productive life?
  1. Start a gratitude journal. I personally have one. Start your day by writing down all the things you are thankful for in your life. This will help push back the negative feelings that can creep into your day.
  2. Start your day with some quiet time. Get up a half hour before the rest of the family. This can be your time to read and plan your day without the distraction of others. We all need time to our selves. It's a time that we can be proactive in our thoughts and not reactive. It's about maintaining control of our thoughts and emotions.
  3. Take the time to get some exercise. I walk about 20 miles a week. I actually log my walks in my daily journal. I do not take my Ipod. It's a time reflect without distraction. It a great way to walk off frustrations. It's also a great way to keep your blood pressure down.
  4. The morning news on the Radio or TV is always full of negative information. I personally get my news from the internet or a news paper. I choose the news I want to read. With Radio and TV the news it what they want to tell you. Think about it. They are not broadcasting feel good stuff. Why start you day that way?
  5. Tell your family and friends that you love them. Go one step further. Tell them why you love them. When is the last time a loved one barked at you after you told them you love them?
  6. Work toward obtaining an abundance mindset. These two books will help you get to this space. Go and purchase the book. "Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Jack Canfield. I suggest you also purchase and read, Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" by Dr. Richard Carlson. You will feel blessed for all you have. Better still you will come to understand, abundance has a never ending supply.
We all have abundance and so many wonderful things in our lives. It's human nature that we tend to focus on what is not going our way. We struggle to fix what's wrong in our lives. Build on obtaining more of what is good in our lives adverse to trying to fix what we perceive is a problem. One of my favorite sayings is by Mark Twain. "I spent much of my life worrying about things that never happened" There is more abundance on this planet than we could ever imagine. Use to your advantage an abundance mindset. Embrace these feelings to keep you in a positive frame of mind. Most of important of all. Remember to smile. It's contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment